The broadband design of the RXL loop is ideal for SDR receivers, AM and shortwave broadcast listeners, a small low-noise receive-only antenna for low band DXing and anybody needing a small receive antenna.
Some of the key features of the CHA RXL are:
- Wideband design – LF / MF / HF
- Highly directional
- Balanced input preamplifier to eliminate environmental noise and ground loops
- Receives on new 2200m and 630m ham bands
- Flexible mounting and power options
- Stealthy – Navy gray loop fades into the background sky.
Receive loops are very quiet and highly directional. With the built-in preamplifier, the CHA RXL will enable clearer reception than many large horizontal wire or vertical antennas. The CHA RXL covers all frequencies between 137.5 KHz and 30.0 MHz. Become a WSPR Reporting Station on the new 2200 and 630 meter bands and join the fun!
Loop Amplifier Specifications:
- Frequency: 135.7 KHz – 30.0 MHz continuous
- Power: 12V DC
- Size: 91 cm diameter
- Weight: 3.2 kg.
- Mount: Mast or Camera Tripod
- Operating voltage: 12-14 VDC – Polarity Protected, Over-Voltage protection 15.5V – 20V (sustained voltage above 18V may damage the preamp)
- Gain: 25 dB @ 2.5 MHz, 12.5 dB @ 30 MHz (see graph)
- Noise Figure: < 5 dB
- P1dB: >0 dBm relative to the output
- OIP3: > +20 dBm
- Input (no damage): +20 dBm
- RF Power Applied to the Output: 0.25W maximum (do not transmit into the pre-amp)
- Operating Voltage: 12-14 VDC – Polarity Protected, Over voltage protection 15.5V – 20V (sustained operation above 18V may trip the resettable fuse)
- Maximum Current: 300 mA max.
- Insertion Loss: < 0.25 dB @ 30 MHz
- VSWR: < 1.3:1 @ 30 MHz
The antenna system consists of:
1 X Loop
1 X Tuning Box
1 X T-BIAS
1 X “L” Bracket & Hardware
1 X Table Top Rubber Feet
Add a random length of coax cable and 12 volt DC source to get a complete system.